Saturday, January 21, 2012

A New Use For Old T-shirts

If your husband, or significant other is anything like mine, he has a collection of T-shirts that he just can't quite bear to depart with yet. I'm talking old school Nintendo and TMNT shirts that are just sitting in our closet that really aren't wearable (too small, rings around the collar from sweaty days at work, etc) So I was rather excited to find these reuse old T-shirts series of videos...


Starting with our new friend, Crafty Gemini, who shows you how to take these old shirts (even the ones with rings around the collars) and make a pair of toddler/infant pants. I watched this video, and I'm rather excited to bust into our old t-shirt stash and rock out some pants for our upcoming bundle of joy.



In this step-by-step sewing tutorial I show you how to make a pair of baby/toddler pants out of a t-shirt. This tutorial can be used to make shorts or pants.
Next we'll take you to MommyCrafts4U, who is going to show you how to make a no-sew baby carrier/wrap. I haven't decided if I'll be making this one, but the option is there. And its way cheaper to use the one made by you, with old (good quality) shirts than buy one for $40+... It seems safe, a little uncomfortable perhaps but maybe its more comfy than it looks. However, make sure your follow the helpful hints in not only the video but on the actual YouTube page.



Here I'll show you how to make a no-sew, wrap style baby carrier using only 3 t-shirts, a piece of yarn, and a pair of scissors. I used 3 old t-shirts I had on hand, but if you want one that is longer lasting and will fit better, then you should use high-quality 100% cotton tees.

Up next, VivaLaDIY shows you how to create a trendy tote bag for your tot's toys or for your everyday use.




Viva La... T-Shirt Reconstruction:
Make your own trendy tote bag using an old T-shirt!

And finally, Mizfashionablylate shows you how to make a fabric flower for hair clips and brooches for your little munchkin, or even yourself.




Do you have an old t-shirt, bag, or hat that you aren't ready to part with just yet? Well Mizfashionablylate shows you how to revitalize your favorite old thing into something "new"!

If you know some uses, or have found some videos on your own of New uses for old shirts, feel free to leave them here!

No comments:

Post a Comment