Wednesday, July 25, 2012

In A Mug?

I've seen many cake recipes about baking in a jar, but I've actually recently found a couple that involve a mug. I've actually made the brownie one, however I'm a pretty new fan of Nutella so that may be my next venture. My favorite part about these? They're a quick make, literally takes longer to mix the ingredients than cooking it. Both are single serving size so you don't have to share, and you don't have pans of that unhealthy stuff hanging out in your house. You can literally make them with stuff hanging out in your cupboard.



SUPER Simple Brownie In A Mug
I have made the brownie one three times, the first time I followed the recipe to a T. However, I don't use olive oil frequently, and since the recipe called for it I went with it. I could taste it though. It wasn't great, wasn't bad but wasn't great. I could taste the olive oil. So the next time I made it I substituted vegetable oil and voila, tasted fabulous.

Ingredients
-1/4 c sugar
-1/4 c flour
-2 T cocoa
-2 T Olive Oil (or vegetable oil)
-3 T Water
-Pinch of salt
-Ice Cream (optional)

Directions
Add all dry ingredients to your mug. Add oil and water, mix until consistent. Microwave for 1 minute and 40 seconds. Be careful when removing from microwave it will be HOT! Add your ice cream and enjoy!

Nutella Mug Cake

Ingredients
4 tablespoons self rising flour
4 tablespoons white granulated sugar
1 egg
3 tablespoons cocoa powder
3 tablespoons Nutella
3 tablespoons milk
3 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil

Directions
1. Combine all ingredients in a large coffee mug. Whisk well with a fork until smooth. Microwave on high for 1 1/2 – 3 minutes. (Time depends on microwave wattage. Mine took 1 1/2 minutes.) Top with whipped cream and a little chocolate sauce if desired.

2. Top with whipped cream and chocolate syrup. Enjoy!

Note: Depending on the wattage of your microwave, you may have to increase cooking time.

No comments:

Post a Comment