First I took some cheap craft paint, that I had already on hand for other projects, and did a thin coat on the clearanced guest book. I painted it ivory so it would match well with the rest of the decorations. It's important that the layer of paint is thin. Don't go too thick or you could have issues with drying time and seams and such... Also, when buying clearanced wedding items check for marks. Even if you're going to paint it, it needs to be a clean slate, you never know what'll show through paint.
Secondly, since the ribbon had been removed from the book for painting, I took thinner ribbon - in the chocolate brown and pool - and tied a charm to the ends and wrapped it around the front cover of the book. The charm I chose, a butterfly, fit well in our theme and wasn't all that expensive (well in our opinion), and it happened to be a small frame that has a frame in it. I took an older random picture of us and using a butterfly shaped punch (also from another project) cut it out to fit perfectly in the frame.
Lastly, because the inside pages are all white, and painting EVERY page was just not an option, we took a couple of our favorite pictures and glued them to the inside front cover. To prevent discoloration, we made them sepia toned first and then cropped them to a smaller size. It kept people interested in more than just that book... Remember its the crazy little touches that do wonders for your big day. Not everyone will notice, no I'm not going to guarantee they will, but you will notice. You will remember all these little things...
Happy wedding planning. Tune in next time for more Wedding on the Cheap!
No comments:
Post a Comment