I thought to kick off the recipes/cooking/baking section of the site we'd start with cake... Or at least the batter. Everyone knows of Cold Stones Cake Batter Ice Cream. Well I've found the recipe for it, or rather Cold Stone Slab Cake Batter Ice Cream. Its a super easy recipe, however remember to follow the tips and that (unlike the real Cold Stone Creamery) this ice cream will melt!
Yield: 1 quart
3 cups heavy cream
1 cup milk
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup dry Duncan Hines Butter Recipe Cake Mix
In a heavy stockpot mix together 1 cup of heavy cream, salt, and 3/4 cup of sugar. Heat over medium heat until the sugar is dissolved. When the sugar is dissolved turn off burner, add 1/2 cup Duncan Hines Butter Recipe cake mix, and whisk in well. Add 2 cups of heavy cream and 1 cup of milk into the pot and mix well. Refrigerate mixture for at least 4 hours or overnight. Before freezing ice cream according to your ice cream freezer whisk together well, the mixture will be a little lumpy.
I like to freeze the ice cream for a few hours before serving the ice cream.
Another tip from the author
One thing I knew without a doubt when I tried this ice cream for the first time, was that the cake mix that was used was Duncan Hines Butter Recipe cake mix. This recipe will not taste right if you use another type of cake batter. Usually I don’t recommend specific brands, but here I do. I found this recipe to be a little tricky because I thought that I could simply mix together a few ingredients and let them chill. It is really crucial to mix everything together, and then allow the ice cream mix to chill for at least 4 hours. This will give the time cake mix to fully incorporate into the mixture.
No comments:
Post a Comment